Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dezmatic and Mr. Dibbs - Bigfoots Dick

In 2009 Dezmatic released this an album with Mr. Dibbs. At the time I had no idea who Dez was, I however was pretty into Mr. Dibbs(mostly because his brother was in the band Suffocate Faster). But Dez was about to go on tour with Seez Mics of the Educated Consumers, so I took it upon myself to get familiar with him and downloaded this for free off his myspace.

The show was poorly attended so I decided to pick up a hard copy of this cd to support touring artists. Ironically enough the cd didn't play. Whatever though, Dez gave me a skate video(Hood Rules Apply)from Albany featuring Curtis Rap, so I took it with a grain of salt that the cd didn't play. Dibbs had some rad samples from The Black Keys, and Sleep and there were killer sound bites from some awesome movies so I was immediately hyped on that.  And I quickly found out that Dez is a pretty rad rapper too. Although I think he has some better work both before and after this, but either way this release is good and it's the only one I've bought.
 More interesting than my boring opinion on Bigfoots Dick is the credits song in the video he gave me. Apparently in Albany there is a house called B-Block, where all the local skaters live on one floor, and on the other floor is where all the rappers live. Sounds like a dream come true to me. Dezmatic and Rick Whispers made the song for the end credits in Hood Rules Apply. I'm into it.

twitter
bandcamp
dez and nobs facebook
dahnload

No comments:

Post a Comment