Tuesday, April 17, 2012

F. Stokes @ Shadow Lounge and OneUp 'Spring Training' @ Mckinley 4-22

   F dot Stokes, I've been calling this dude F. Strokes by accident for like 6 months now. Maybe it's because my true yinzer accent is coming out and I'm starting to mispronounce everyone's name claiming ignorance, and disregard the fact I might be offending them. Or maybe it's because I was hoping F. Strokes was short for Fuck The Strokes. Either way, I know I'm wrong and I don't plan on changing.
   People in the Red Balloon are playing this. I played with them once before but I don't really remember them. It's alright though because I'm positive they don't remember me, and if they do it's for all the wrong reasons. They're a full band I think.
     Fortified PhonetX. Them is my dogs. Pumped to see their on this, they booked Fuck The Strokes last time he came through at Z Lounge. Glad to see F. Stokes brought them on the bill at a bigger venue when he came through again.
     I have no clue who Folkland is. I kind of doubt I'm going to find out at this show either. One Up is holding a game of skate the the McKinley skate park and I'm going to that for sure. Probably going to have some beers and be irresponsible to the point where I should ride my bike to the show so I don't get a DUI. Although you can get a BUI for riding drunk, but it's still called a DUI. So not only do you still get busted, you don't even get the novelty of framing a citation that says BUI. Bummer
     Maybe I'll "cover" the game of skate and make an edit, and maybe I'll do a show review at Shadow Lounge, but I'll probably just stand around awkwardly with my camera in one hand, and lukewarm Pabst Blue Ribbon in the other at the skate park, then after that I'll probably smuggle some beers inside Shadow Lounge because I can't afford a $4 beer, stay there until I run out of beer and loose interest before the final act, and then the next day I'll just copy the F. Stokes "review" out of the new Ghetto Blaster and pass it off as my own. Man run on sentences are cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment