Thursday, October 5, 2017

TTAD #26 w/ K Death of Moodie Black

I got the opportunity to interview K Death of Moodie Black when they toured through Philadelphia. K Death (Chris) was the first person I had 100% never talked to before an interview. I reached out via twitter and we set up a time and place to meet before the show.

We did the interview at a coffee shop near the venue since the venue wasn't open yet. So obviously there's some background noise and I wasn't able to cut out all the dead ends in our conversation since I didn't want it to seem super choppy.

After the interview while talking to Chris via email I was informed that Chris identified with she/her instead of he/him. I immediately felt like a buster for not being aware of this. Especially since the next episode of Moodhouse podcast was about trans awareness. This could have been a great chance for me to tackle something more important rather than just tracing an artists discography. But I wasn't confident with my knowledge on the subject, so instead of trying to use this podcast to educate myself on the topic with someone who has been living through it I ignored it.

...you don't convince people to listen to your interview with K Death of Moodie Black by mentioning all the things that you forgot to bring up. None the less if you're a fan of Moodie Black or noise rap in general checking out this interview will be well worth you time. We discuss K Death not wanting Moodie Black to be pigeon holed as some underground artists, Death Grips fans, not liking to collaborate, thinking rap names are silly, and more!

listen on YouTube or iTunes

stalk us on the interwebz

@TTADpress on IG & Twitter
TTAD FB

Moodie Black

No comments:

Post a Comment