Sunday, December 11, 2011

B L A C K I E - Spred Luv

B L A C K I E, of Houston, Texas is said to be the pioneer of "American Grime."Spred Luv came out in 2010(I think) and is 12 tracks of blending punk, hip hop, harsh electronic, UK Grime, and noise all together for one truly original sound. Self produced, check it out and form your own opinion.

website
download
facebook
Not sure where you can but this online but I'm sure if you message him on his facebook you can work something out.

The first time I saw B L A C K I E preform was in Pittsburgh, PA at Most Wanted Fine Arts Gallery on tour with Limb. Dave of Edhochuli, said they needed a local hip hop artist with punk vibe and asked me(Stillborn Identity)to play(along with Skinless Boneless and Greenlander). I had never seen a hip hop artist with so much gear, B L A C K I E lined up a wall of amps behind him when he played. His set was super intense, he was in the crowds face the whole time and they loved it. By the end of his set he was crowd surfing and dripping buckets of sweat.

flier from the show

Almost a year later we played a show together again at The Lemon Grove in Youngstown, OH with Greenlander, and Le Singe Blanc on tour from Europe. Despite the small attendance at the show and lack of attention from the audience B L A C K I E still played his set with as much enthusiasm and intensity(although there weren't enough people to crowd surf this time)as he had in Pittsburgh, and in my mind surpassed the test of a true artist who is making/playing music because he loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment