Thursday, December 22, 2011

MC Homeless - Still Trapped

Youngstown, Ohio's MC Homeless released Still Trapped independently in 2009 as a follow up to his first full length Trapped Under An Ohio Sky on DIY Bandits. Still Trapped, featuring Riddlore, Richard Benjamen, Swordplay, and more, is a compilation of rad lo-fi songs Homeless recorded and released with pretty much no intention of ever playing live. For instance I've requested the song, Opposite of Happy at more than one show but to no avail(once he caved in and said he'd do it over another beat because he didn't have the original but neither of us could remember how it started). When I saw Homeless the only time he had Still Trapped it was at Most Wanted, and it was just a burnt cdr with a hand written track listing. This was just something he put out to hold people over from when he ran out of copies of Trapped Under An Ohio Sky until 27 came out on Milled Pavement. I think I spent all my money buying 6 packs at the bar up the street and couldn't afford his cd and/or was to drunk to remember to buy it. Now it's free, turns out being an irresponsible drunk worked in my favor.

Pretty certain this was the show he had Still Trapped. It wasn't May 6th though, it was March 6th. Maybe I was drunk when I made the flier too. Actually Jack from Worn Out Tigers made the flyer but I'll take the heat for him.

The first time I saw MC Homeless he was on tour with Brandon Miles(now CrunkWitch) at The Smiling Moose and had Lord Grunge(of Grand Buffet) and myself(Stealboner Inflammatory) as local support. During his set I'm pretty certain he was wearing either a Teeth or Annihilation Time t-shirt, did his interpretation of a Crass cover which ended in him dry humping the pa monitor until he fell off stage and the monitor landed on him(sound guy was pissed and brought it up months later when he played The Smiling Moose again), sampled Smiths song How Soon Is Now for Champagne Wishes, and ended with an acapella about an aspiring pedophile in his hometown named Kev-Dawg. I was a fan.

Still Trapped for free
I'm sure you could message him to get an official burnt cdr on facebook
twitter
last fm
myspace/time machine(has some cool collabs at the bottom of the play list that are hard to find)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dead link. Can you re upload Still Trapped? I would really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete