Saturday, March 24, 2012

Who Goes There? - Cooler Than Dinosaurs

Who Goes There? was rad, and if you didn't already know that you're fucking up because their last show was Saturday July 23rd 2011 with Step Dads, and Stillborn Identity(me).

I knew these guys through their drummer Eric, we grew up skating together and when he found out I "rapped" he was totally down to put me on house shows they had. I was horrible back then, waaaay worse than I am now. I would just get whiskey drunk, stop my songs halfway through because I was slurring so bad, then just tell embarrassing anecdotes for the remainder of my set. And yet for some reason these dudes kept asking me to come play.

Cooler Than Dinosaurs was their last release. One of the reasons this cd is so rad is because of the packaging, the insert was a comic book of dinosaurs who like to party by Ben Harkins. I didn't even get my hands on a copy until a few months after they broke up. After a show I played with one of Eric's new bands we went back to one of his band mates houses to eat free pizza and swap dumpster diving locations and stories. Eric went inside and found a back pack full of his Who Goes There? unsold cds and distributed a copies to those of us who didn't have one yet. Free food. Free cd. Full day.
All the members of this band were super hospitable to touring bands. Offering their couches, floors, stolen food from shitty restaurant jobs, and mason jars full of alcohol without hesitation. They're good dudes, I don't know where or how you could go about buying this cd anymore but you should support some of the new groups that have sprout from the demise of Who Goes There?.
In hind sight I probably should have scanned this in, but whatever.
Club Banger
Dub Skanky
Boyfriend Material
and more I don't know about

Who Goes There? - Cooler Than Dinosaurs review download
  Not like you can read any of this but here's the last page...

1 comment:

  1. You can now stream their albums on Spotify! http://open.spotify.com/artist/17FXEFtK6OeRCaKh1wqGSU

    ReplyDelete