Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Deadly Scribes - The Situation

Pretty much from 10th or 11th grade until a few months ago I had been working at Head Board Shop, a skate shop in Pittsburgh. I must admit it was a pretty perfect job for a full time slacker like myself. Watch skate videos during the day shifts, drink beer during the night shifts, and although I'm not much of a smoker, smoke in the basement after I closed just because I could.

During the last winter I worked there business had been pretty slow. To the point where I decided to take the initiative upon myself to sort through the clutter of former employee's left behind cds, and promotional cds people had dropped off over the years and sell them to The Record Exchange to make a little bit of extra revenue for the store. I was carefully sifting out the promo cds where the bar codes had been punched out, when I stumbled across this gem, The Deadly Scribes release The Situation.



The cd had come out long before I had started getting my feet wet in the Pittsburgh rap scene, but I knew of the legacy Dos Noun and any of his work had left behind. So needless to say this cd didn't go to the the pile to sell, nor did it stay in the store copy pile, instead I nonchalantly slid it into my back pack, and totally forgot about the project I started. As I always did at the skate shop while trying to do a good deed.

A few weeks later I saw Dos at a show and in a drunken state of excitement I was able to walk directly up to him, interrupting the conversation he was having with his girlfriend, and told him about my find. He casually congratulated me on my discovery and told me, "...that cd and 5 bucks might get you a beer..." I'm still not certain what this expression meant. Especially considering I won't but a beer if it costs over $2.50(unless it's a 24 ounce). After all how could I afford to while working at a skate shop since 2004.

The Deadly Scribes - The Situation

14 comments:

  1. Could yo please re-upload this? have been looking for this forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calle, if you give me your e-mail I'll send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too please ! I just cant find this anywhere. been looking since i heard it back in like 2005.
      superflyspidey@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. me too please ! I just cant find this anywhere. been looking since i heard it back in like 2005.
      superflyspidey@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. Calle1823@gmail.com

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you still have this? I'd love to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chubbrumble, send me your email and I'll get it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hayden.parr13@rocketmail.com

    Thanks a ton!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had this on tape in HS, would love to get my hands in this again...

    My email is below, hopefully you can hook me up. Thanks!

    DJCS.201@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a copy of it. Went to temple with the boys. could u please send it if u still have this! Ill buy that $5 DOLLAR beer for dos!! :)
    Nickcage007@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. sofrost83@gmail.com if you could sent it to me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Been looking for this since it got stolen 15 years ago!

    mkendigjr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete