Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Stillborn Identity/MC Homeless split cassette

It's about time I shamelessly promote myself. I(Stillborn Identity) did a hand numbered, limited run, split cassette with MC Homeless at the end of last year. Since the release, MC Homeless has "retired" but I still wanna keep this release in circulation because I think both sides are awesome. As far as I know this is the last release he did as "MC Homeless." I think there is a Brain Busters(MC Homeless and Joey Silva) release out there, and he started doing some non-hip hop project.

MC Homeless' side starts off with a track Imaginary Audience, a track by Brain Busters.

The second track is 66 featuring Me, Stillborn Identity. It's produced by C Money Burns. Homeless and I drive from Youngstown, OH to Austin, TX after he moved there and needed his car. I was super pumped to hang out in Austin, TX, but Homeless started a new job during the day and was gun-ho about hanging out with his at the time lady friend at night. So most of my time was spent trying to figure out how the bus line there worked only to instead walk 5 miles to a skate park, drinking Mad Dog20/20 by myself, and writing this track. Homeless had a half finished verse and polished it up in like 3 takes after I took over a half over to record my verse I had been working on all weekend. We're both kinda Vincent Gallo geeks and titling the track was never even a question after we put the quote from Buffalo 66 in there.

Breathe was originally released free online on his Wild At Heart ep produced by Johnny La Rock.

This fourth track on his side is almost to good to believe. MC Homeless toured with Illogic and Baker a year or two ago, and they had a day off in CT during their tour. During their day off they wrote and recorded this song with Ceschi.

My side starts off with Artist Wishlist produced by Pat Urn of 7718. I think I also wrote most of this song at Homeless' place in Texas. I didn't finish it until weeks later when I was in New Jersey "working" as a videographer on a freestyle motocross tour. That night one of the best FMX photographers (at least in my opinion), Chris Tedesco talked to me about what he had to do to "make it" in the industry. The only direct quote from that drunken hotel foyer conversation was, "just don't sell out, whatever that means to you." Ironically enough, I think that was my last weekend working on that tour.

Jack Wilson played me CREAM sometime in the beginning of the year when I was couch surfing in Baltimore and I was so pumped on his verse, and the beat by Visionary Brotherhood, that I demanded that he let me collab with him on it... and luckily he did.

I'm leading Me Down produced by Tybo Beats was the last track I wrote for the release. I thought it sounded like something HW would fit in with, so before I was finished with my second verse I sent him a text seeing if he was down, then emailed him a rough copy. Within hours(before I was finished with my second verse) he sent me his final version of the track.

Photo from left to right: Cathy Cathodic, HW, Stillborn Identity, Eric, Baker


Pitseleh's a Goner produced by JE Double F is my favorite track. I never knew that Pitseleh was Yiddish for "little one" but after I figured that out when I opened for Height with Friends at the 31st Street Pub it made the title even more fitting. Originally the titled was inspired by an Elliott Smith song. http://www.pghcitypaper.com/FFW/archives/2012/10/22/mp3-monday-stillborn-identity-pitselehs-a-goner

I wrote 1,000 Miles(produced by Zoen) away when I was living in Nevada and still in love with a girl in Pittsburgh. After I wrote this song and sent her the demo, I thought she would ask me to come back to her. But she didn't. She just said it was another really sad song I wrote, and asked what it was about.

Physical copies of the tape are available through this blog, Milled Pavement, Harford and Rekords, and whatever hard copies the artists have left.

MC Homeless
facebook
tumblr
twitter

Stillborn Identity
facebook
bandcamp
instagram @codycodyjones

No comments:

Post a Comment